After spending the first 5 years “apprenticing” with ourselves, building the infrastructure of the farm, making mistakes, meeting and working alongside many amazing people, AND, growing food for our community, we are extremely excited to be entering our 6th growing season.
This year, our CSA Membership will be a little different…!?!?! Instead of the “Traditional Share” where our members arrive weekly, June through October to pick up a box of predefined items, we will be expanding the season and allowing more flexibility. This year we will only be offering a “Market Share” for our CSA Members! Below is how it works:
- Depending on your family size and eating habits there are three share sizes to choose from.
- $250 - You join the farm as a CSA Member & contribute $250. We then add 12% to your share & will provide you with $280 credit at our stand at the Doylestown Farmers Market. (Averages almost $10/week)
- $500 - You join the farm as a CSA Member & contribute $500. We then add 14% to your share & will provide you with $570 credit at our stand at the Doylestown Farmers Market. (Averages almost $20/week)
- $750 - You join the farm as a CSA Member & contribute $750. We then add 16% to your share & will provide you with $870 credit at our stand at the Doylestown Farmers Market. (Averages almost $30/week)
- Shop at the Doylestown Farmers Market. The Market runs every Saturday from 7am to noon - April 20th through November 23rd – 31 WEEKS!!! (…except for September 7th when the Arts & Crafts festival is in town)
- Each week at our market stand, you choose what and how much of our harvest you will go home with. We will be bringing plants, herbs, produce, specialty items & more!
- We will be at the market each week. If you cannot make it, are sick, are out of town, are on vacation – no problem as there are 31 weeks to use your farm credit.
- If you can’t eat potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants (nightshades) – no problem as you choose what works best with your culinary preferences.
- If you like to “Juice” and go through 7 bunches of kale/week – no problem (but come early as it seems like everyone likes kale lately…!)
- If your relatives from Italy are coming to town and are planning to do some canning – no problem, pick up a few cases of Roma Tomatoes for the weekend (but it might be best to let us know so we can plan to take extras to market that week…)
- You are showing your dedication to us, and belief in us as your farmers by committing upfront before the season begins.
- We pledge our belief in and dedication to; Good Land Stewardship, Clean healthy food grown close to where it is consumed, Fair labor practices and wage compensation, Our families, friends & our community.
- The “Market Experience” is amazing! – Come and see your friends, meet neighbors, listen to music, support other farmers and vendors from our community. The market is a great place to socialize and do your weekly shopping each Saturday morning.
- Shop in accordance with your schedule and your diet.
- You will have a running account so you will not have to worry about bringing cash.
- We know that each CSA in the area is structured differently, some have Pick-Your-Own options, some have flowers, some have work commitments, each farm has different pick-up requirements, etc. We encourage you to visit as many local CSA websites to see how each one can fit into your lifestyle and weekly routines over the summer months.
- Blooming Glen Farm / Anchor Run / Myerov Family Farm / Pennypack Farm / Palovchak’s Produce / I am sure there are more options so don’t forget to search on the Google Machine…!
- If you like what Barefoot Gardens has to offer for the 2013 season, please continue below.
- After your enrollment form has been received, we will email additional information.
- Membership payments are to be paid within 30 days of signing up.
- We believe that good food should be available to everyone so please contact us if you need to work out alternative payment arrangements.
- By proceeding with this order, I understand that I am making a commitment to Barefoot Gardens. I recognize that there is no guarantee to the exact composition of the produce types or weekly availability. I understand that successful growing relies on many conditions including the weather. I will share in the risks of the growing season with my farmer and I will receive an additional percentage of credit to be used toward the purchase of anything at the Barefoot Gardens Stand at the Doylestown Farmers Market as a reward. It is my responsibility to select what is available throughout the season and to fully use the amount of credit in my account during the 2013 season by the last day of the 2013 Farmers Market. Furthermore, I understand that any unused credit will not be refunded. I understand that this agreement is only binding between myself and Barefoot Gardens. There is no agreement beyond this, and there are no other entities, organizations, farms, or vendors at the Doylestown Farmers Market who are bound herein.
Put me on the Barefoot Gardens email/wait list